- Mission & Goals
- Become a Member
- Water Workgroup:
- Education Workgroup
- Getting Involved
- Calendar of Events
- Press Releases & News Coverage
- About Gondar
- History of C-GSCA
- Board of Directors & Work Groups
- Contact Us
Corvallis has two sister city partnerships, one which began in 1990 with Uzhhorod, Ukraine and the other beginning in 2005 with Gondar, Ethiopia. The partnership between Gondar and Corvallis has expanded rapidly since the initial formation of the Corvallis-Gondar Sister Cities Association (C-GSCA).
Citizens and city officials from both Corvallis and Gondar have worked jointly to identify mutual goals (primarily on water and education needs) which have formed the basis for C-GSCA’s work plan. To date, efforts have focused on the following:
- Access to clean drinking water through drilling of wells.
- Restoration and rehabilitation of Gondar’s watershed area with extensive tree planting.
- Construction of public toilets and showers for improved sanitation and hygiene.
- Development of a culture of readers with librarian training and furnishing a diverse set of books for the library at our sister school, Tsadiku Yohannes Elementary School.
- Improvement in children’s learning through usage of classroom materials and professional development of teachers.
- Computer literacy for faculty and students with the creation of a computer classroom, installation of computers, and internet access.
We invite you to learn more about our activities and to become involved with our efforts!